Tips : How to choose well his pants?
To avoid false-not, check the following points :
The buttocks must be maintained : they don't collapse.
No excess material at the crotch.
The cup must be sufficiently adjusted without mold (the pockets can appear).
Worn with a pair of shoes, your pants stops at 2.5 cm from the ground.
Before buying, check the main guarantees of quality of the trousers :
- bags pocket, thick,
- of the stopping points on the edge of the pockets (equivalent to the rivets on the jeans),
- buttons in natural materials (horn, wood, etc...),
- or even zips of quality (RIRI, YKK or Talon).
THE MOST COMMON MODELS
- The chinos, the original gabardine,
- the cargo (or a lattice), with two side pockets,
- the harem pants,
- and of course, the pants garment tailor, says "classic".
CUTS THE MOST COMMON
From the most narrow to the widest :
- the famous straight cut,
- and an exception : the cup tapered (with the legs adjusted and thighs wider, perfect for sports).
THE MATERIALS USED TO MAKE PANTS
A list which is, of course, not exhaustive.
THE PANTS, ORIGINS AND DEVELOPMENTS
The pants is not the result of an invention but the result of many developments.
In the West, his ancestors are his breeches (a kind of shorts) which will then be hose and high hose in the Middle Ages. It will have to wait for the end of the Eighteenth century to the trousers as we know it appears.
Long reserved for men, designers such as Paul Poiret or Coco Chanel will be the first to make pants for women. It will still need to wait for the cultural revolution of the 60s that pants became a standard unisex.
It should be noted, however, some figures feminists such as George Sand or Mary-Rose Astié of Valsayre that violates the codes very soon.