To avoid missteps, check:
The buttocks should be held: they do not sag.
No excess material at the crotch.
The cut should be sufficiently adjusted without moulding you (pockets may appear).
Worn with a pair of shoes, your pants stop 2.5cm from the floor.
Before you buy, check the main quality guarantees of pants:
- thick pocket bags,
- stop points on the edge of the pockets (equivalent to rivets on jeans),
- natural material buttons (corn, wood, etc.),
- or quality zips (RIRI, YKK or Talon).
THE MORE CURRENT MODELS
- The chinos, originally made of gabardine,
- cargo ships (or trellis), with two side pockets,
- tong pants,
- the sarouels,
- and of course, the tailored trousers, called "classic".
THE CUPS MORE COURANTE
From the narrowest to the widest:
- the famous straight cut,
- and an exception: the tapered cut (with fitted calves and wider thighs, perfect for athletes).
THE MATERIALS USED FOR CONFECTIONNER A PANTALON
A list that is, of course, not exhaustive.
PANTALON, ORIGINES AND EVOLUTIONS
Pants are not the result of an invention, but the result of many developments.
In the West, his ancestors were braies (a kind of underpants) which then became socks and then high socks in the Middle Ages. It was not until the end of the 18th century that the trousers we know appeared.
Long reserved for men, designers like Paul Poiret or Coco Chanel will be the first to make women's trousers. It was still not until the cultural revolution of the 1960s that trousers became a unisex standard.
There are still some feminist figures such as George Sand or Marie-Rose Astié de Valsayre who will break the codes very early on.